What is Large format Printing? The Must-knows!
Large format printing is referred to as wide-format printing, Super-wide or grand-format printing based on the size of the substrate used. If the print roll width is between 18″ to 100″, it is referred to as wide-format printing, while when it is more than 100″, it is called grand-format printing. Grand-format or super-wide printing can go up to as high as 16ft.
The large-format printers are mostly digital and characterised based on the inks used in the printers, including aqueous, solvent, dye sublimation, UV, among other options. Depending on the inks used, the large scale printing services, Brisbane and anywhere else, prep themselves with the right environment, be it for solvent inks to dry or the substrates to be cured with UV-light.
Here are the different kinds of Inks used for Inkjet and Electrographic Large-format Printers:
Aqueous (water-based) dye ink and pigment ink, solvent ink, eco-solvent ink, UV-cure ink, latex-ink.
Electro Inks and toners.
When should you opt for Large-format Printing Services in Brisbane?
Suppose you are looking for a trusted, large format printing service in Brisbane for outstanding prints and get high-quality service with no compromises. In that case, you should go to an experienced managed printing services provider who provides services as per your requirements and precisely that.
We have clients who came to us with unhappy results from their earlier print service providers and left happy after reaching out to us. The reasons that they wanted to opt for wide format printing services were, as usual, was to:
- Stand out among their competitors
- Create lasting impressions
- Increase brand visibility
- Convey impactful messages
- Add value to their brands, to name a few.
With the right providers for large scale printing, Brisbane, you can get high benefits from large format printing services with their consulting services to suggest suitable materials based on outdoors or indoors prints that you need. Also, their unique creative quotient and loads of experience come in handy when you need the prints well within time.
What are the Mediums where you can use Wide-format Printing?
- Promotional Signage
- Outdoors Signage
- Banners (Horizontal or Vertical)
- Event Posters
- Store Displays
- Window and Wall Posters
- Maps, Diagrams and Charts
- Child Growth Charts
- Large Wall Calendars
- Point-of-purchase displays
- Backlit Displays
- Business presentations
- Courtroom exhibits
- Artshow Exhibits
- Floor Graphics
- Fabric and Textiles
How to Prepare the Images for Large scale Printing?
The first thing that comes to one’s mind is to get the highest quality images before sending the same for large scale printing. Although, in reality, what is required minimally is:
- 300 Dpi images when used for close distance image displays.
- 100 Dpi images or less for long-distance image displays.
The image formats usually preferred are PDF, EPS, CorelDRAW, Adobe Illustrator, PNG and JPEG.
Substrates Generally used in Signage Printing:
The large format printing services in Brisbane and anywhere around the world works with two types of substrates:
- The flatbed large-format printing substrate
- Roll-to-roll large-format printing substrate.
Flatbeds are rigid substrates that need to be fed into the printers, while the roll-to-roll is flexible and fed to a roll.
Considering the suitable substrates is crucial as it affects the overall image quality, layout, lasting effect on the receiving audience and cost-effectiveness. Following are the substrates and where they find their uses:
- Acrylic: Suitable for signage, lightbox applications and photographic images
- Black PVC: Provides an easy way to print on dark and coloured substrates directly.
- Coroplast: The waterproof and weather-resistant, cost-effective substrate is meant for indoor and outdoor use.
- Dibond: Custom-mounting applications for the indoors and outdoors.
- Falcon board: Can be used for POP displays, kiosks, tradeshow graphics, framing, interior signage, and mounting.
- Foamcore: Recommended for indoor signage.
- Gatorboard: A highly portable and stable substrate for presentations and displays
- Matte Scrim Banner: Generally used in shopping malls, tradeshows, airports, hotels, restaurants, or any retail event, both indoors and outdoors.
- Removable Vinyl: It goes nicely, without a mess as wallpapers and on wood panels.
- Smooth Banner: It fits best for long-lasting banners.
- Styrene: Used for bus advertising, POP displays, free-standing displays, temporary signage, tradeshow exhibits and billboards,
- White PVC: Precisely suited for outdoor signage.
What is the Preferred Colour Scheme for Large format Printing?
The density values and the colour range are reproduced differently in several colour schemes, such as RGB and CMYK. Although, the CMYK colour scheme is traditionally and to this day preferred for signage, banner and more.
The CMYK is a subtractive colour model and can be used on various substrates with the full spectrum of colours in a large format printing process.
In conclusion, all the factors involved in large format printing needs to be thought well and used based on the intent behind getting it printed.
Why Crystal Print Media for your Large format Printing Brisbane?
Crystal Print Media is one of the top choices for large format printing in Brisbane tailored to producing oversized materials and graphics.
At Crystal Print Media, our specialist consultants have the best knowledge and understand what is wide format printing is and how to get the most out of it. We have two technologically advanced printers:
- Fujifilm Flatbed Acuity 2504
- Epson Surecolour s80600
Both of which produces high-quality images, signages, backlit displays, window and wallpaper decoration, decor and surface finishes, to name a few.
- High production rate
- Less turnaround time
- cost-effective and efficient
- Customer-convenient processes
- Client-friendly approach, among other reasons.